UPBS (Upper Primary Boys Section ) takes immense pride in being the second home to the boys of the age group of 8 to 10 years. The section is headed by the Headmistress Ms. Latha C S. She along with her team of teaching staff who are now 66 in number strive to bring academic excellence as well as inculcate moral values which are the need of the hour. The total strength of the section is about 1700 with 48 classrooms accommodating classes III, IV & V.
Morning assemblies are a perfect way to begin the day. The students and the teachers work together to put up the best show. The children learn moral values and develop a strong sense of patriotism. They also listen attentively to every word of advice given to them by the Principal, Headmistress and teachers. Besides Morning Assemblies, Special Assemblies are also held to highlight the important days like Labour Day, Library week, Saudi National Day, National Integration Day, Vishwa Hindi Diwas ,National Education Day etc.
The section is well equipped with the various amenities which enables the overall development of students. Some of them are:
- Library : – The section has a library with a huge collection of books, reference books, study materials, daily newspapers, periodicals It follows the ‘ Winnebago ‘ system. Students are encouraged to read more and more with the motto, “Reading is the key to success”.
Computer Lab : – The section has a well equipped Computer Lab. It has a total of 25 computers. Students are always very excited to visit the lab as they explore themselves the amazing world of Computers under the guidance of the teacher. It helps them to practically learn the subject. The teachers regularly attend the Computer Awareness Programme organized by the school to facilitate the use of information & technology in teaching.
First Aid: – The section has a well equipped First Aid room with a qualified nurse to cater to the arising emergency daily needs of the students.
III. Extra Curricular Activities
The section hosts various extracurricular activities and sports which help our students grow mentally and physically, such as: –
- CCA ( Co Curricular Activities ) – CCA is held once a week . It enables the students to improve their skill and also brings out their hidden talents. Various competitions are held and the best competitor is judged as the winner. Certificates are provided to the winners to boost their confidence. Some of the activities held are Solo Singing, Elocution Competition, Word Building activity, Spelling Bee Competition, Recycling Competition, Clay modeling Competition, Poster making Competition (Group) etc.
- SUPW (Socially Useful Productive Work ) – SUPW activities improves motor skills in children and enhances their aesthetic sense. They learn to be responsible and creative.
- Games & P.T. period – The importance of Sports and health is well enhanced in Games & Physical Training period by the Physical Education teacher. Annual Sports are held once a year with various events such as Running Race, Sack Race, Obstacle Race, Basket Ball Shooting, Flat Race, Hopping Race, Zig-Zag, Race etc.
- Discipline Patrollers (DP’s) – The DP’s of class V strive to maintain discipline of the section. They help the teachers maintain discipline during assemblies, break time etc.
Bulletin Board & Wall Magazine – The News Bulletin Board displays news which enables everyone to know the happenings around the world. Each and every display board deals in different themes and conveys to the reader an educative and informative message.
- Field Trips – The section organizes Field Trips to the students annually.
- Scouts & Guides
Cubs Activity under the Scouting Movement for the boys of Upper Primary Boys Section aged between 8 to 10 yrs of classes III to V was inaugurated by Dr E.K.Mohammed Shaffe, Principal & H.O.I, Commissioner Scouts on 7th July 2010 .Mr Mohammed Ismail, the then Headmaster of Upper Primary Boys Section under International Indian School – Dammam selected the students on the basis of laid out criteria. Students have been enrolled as Cubs which comes under Bharat Scouts and Guides, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
V. UPGRADE OF STAFF SKILLS
The section regularly organizes Teachers Orientation Programme or the Teacher’s Workshops to upgrade the skills of our teaching staff. These demonstration classes help in updating knowledge and the latest trends of teaching